Thursday, October 14

Knitting Content, I Swear



Knitting Goddess
You appear to be a Knitting Goddess.You are constantly giving and are unconcerned with
reward, you simply want others to love knitting
as much as you do. If someone wants to knit
miles of novelty yarns, you are there for them.
If someone wants to learn short row shaping,
you can help. There are no taboos in knitting,
only opportunities to grow. Everyone should
have friend like you around if they want to
learn to knit, and there's a good chance that
your passion has rubbed off on a few others.

What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I don't usually post these Quizilla things (though I often do them when I see them on others' blogs), but hey, if you're going to call me a Goddess of anything, most of all knitting, I'm not exactly going to keep it a secret now am I? Since I spent most of my time dealing with the strong objections to my every move made loudly by my 2.5-year-old twins, I can use a little bit of being called a Goddess. Thank you very much. There. I feel better.

For more good news, I'm GOING TO RHINEBECK, I'm GOING TO RHINEBECK! (Picture me doing a little nah-nah-nah happy dance in my office chair as I type that.) We've worked it out. My parents, who live in NYC, are going to meet me there to help wrangle the kids, which will be a nice outing for them and a chance for the kids to see their grandparents. We've had some trouble figuring out how to make it work, especially for them to see my dad, who is not the world's most enthusiastic grandfather (he just doesn't know how), so meeting them halfway, in some "get-out-of-the-city-for-the-day" kind of location, seems to be working. Last time they rode on Thomas the Train with us in Western Connecticut. We're planning to head down Sunday morning. Rhys is doing a scrapbook crop that evening, so we'll stay through dinnertime, then hopefully (praise the goddess--no not that one!) the kids will fall asleep in the car on the way home and all will be peaceful.

I'm working away on the Baby Albert for my friends' new baby. They have twins the same age as mine--I'm in awe of them doing the infant thing in addition to 2 x 2.5. Or perhaps I should say 2.5-squared. Yes, definitely squared. In looking around at my friends, I seem to be approximately as aggravated as my friends who have 4 kids, and I can barely relate to the people with two different-aged kids. Totally different thing. Anyway, having spirited kids doesn't help. I was saying--knitting--yeah--the sweater is getting a bit boring. I've been on this garter stitch kick (I can do cables, I can do fair isle, I can do lots of stuff, I swear), and I think I've hit my limit. Too bad I have 3 skeins of novelty yarn set to be garter stitch solstice gifts sitting in the queue, huh? It doesn't help that it's Wool-Ease--not bad as acrylic blends go, but the sensory experience of knitting is not what it would be with silk, merino, etc. The good thing is that I have a deadline. We're meeting the baby (and her brothers and parents) for a playdate on Saturday morning, and I plan to give it to them then. I'm about halfway through the top parts. I'll need to make some progress tonight, that's for sure. No more blogging for me.

I have photos, including one of about a mile of acrylic garter stitch (the bottom part of albert) I thought might send me to knitblog pergatory, plus a picture of a lovely RAOK I received from Martheme of Inspirations Yarn. It's a mystery project. I think I know what it is, but I am eager to make it up and find out for sure. The yarn is YUMMY. Check out her site for some really great colorways.

Think I should do some actual work today? I suppose my boss does. Ciao...

3 comments:

alice said...

aww see NOW i'm jealous. cause i cant go! but have a great day, i'm so glad you got it worked out!

Anonymous said...

I worship the ground you walk upon ;^> Does that make up for the ankle nippers? Congrats on Rhinebeck--I sooooo wish I could go.

Elka
http://www.mamaliz.org/blogs/elkaknits/

purlewe said...

cate-

omg I think I saw you.. I was just reading the glbtknits list.. were you sitting down at the benches eating lunch with your little ones?? and a bunch of bloggers were sitting next to you?? I'm sorry I wish I had known.. I was sorta overwhelmed meeting people.